Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Alamosa area, Sand Dunes, San Luis Lakes, Colorado.

Alamosa area, Sand Dunes, San Luis Lakes, Colorado.






"X Shot" information.
Camera - EOS-1Ds Mark III
ISO - 800
Shutter - 1/800 sec
F/stop - 5.6
Lens - 500 mm
Tripod used for this late evening shot







































"X Shot" location and information.
1. Drive time from Denver is about 4 hours.
2. The sand dunes are pretty empty this time of the year so you have the park pretty much to yourself for
    a $3 fee.
3. Check a local weather source for the park to see what the winds are going to be. Sand can mess up    
    your camera gear real fast.
4. For the sunrise I parked myself in the middle of the valley to get a panoramic view to see everything
    around me, which include Blanca Peak.
5. For some evening shoots I went to San Luis Lakes State Park, which is frozen. There is a $7 fee.


All photos are for sale, contact email address below.


Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive