Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Utah's Canyonlands.

Utah's Canyonlands.






"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II 
ISO - 500
Shutter - 1/30 sec.
F/stop - 22
Lens - 300 mm
Tripod and cable release were used for this shot.


LOCATION.
1. Canyonlands is locate in Utah, about a 6 hour drive, west from Denver.
2. I went to the section of the park called Island in the Sky. This is just a small part of Canyonlands.
3. Unless you have weeks to spend shooting photos, I recommend you take one area and really
    explore the possibilities. Mornings, evenings, weather, clouds and wind are some of the things
    that can effect a photo.


THE CHALLENGE.
After making earlier blogs of Candlestick Tower (posted 3/3/12) and Mesa Arch (posted 2/26/12), both main attractions inside the Island in the Sky area, I wanted to see what was left to make another blog.


SOLUTION.
Easy, just don't shoot those two subjects. The thing that makes most of these images work is the time of day they were shoot. I can't stress enough, if you want something nice, wait for the great early morning
or evening light.


OTHER SHOTS OF ISLAND IN THE SKY.

































ALL PHOTOS ARE FOR SALE, CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.


Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer.
303-674-0615


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive