Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Squaw Pass, Evergreen, Colorado, first fall shoot.

Squaw Pass, Evergreen, Colorado, first fall shoot.







"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 400
Shutter - 1/800 sec
F/stop - 8
Lens - 70/200 zoom


LOCATION.
1. Squaw Pass can be reached from the Evergreen Parkway, about a half hour from Denver.
2. This road will loop around and comes out at I-70, in Idaho Springs.
3. Except for this section of aspens, across the valley, only small groups are starting to change.
4. This scenic road becomes a popular aspen viewing route, try to avoid weekends if you can.


THE CHALLENGE.
To find a really nice aspen shot so early in the fall viewing season.


THE SOLUTION.
To increase my chances, I went out to shoot right after a storm came through. This would give me a nice dark sky, with patches of sunlight breaking through. Most of the search only produced small section of turning trees until I spotted this beautiful mountain side. I pulled over and waited for some sun to break out on the trees. While waiting, a guy pulled in next to me, got out and asked me what was I waiting for. I told him, he shrugged shoulders, lifted his I Pad, took a shot and left, is this the future.  The sun hit my subject about ten minutes later, giving me this shot.



OTHER PHOTOS FROM MY SQUAW PASS SHOOT.






























ALL PHOTOS ARE FOR SALE, CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.


Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615




About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive