Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Spring Snow, foothills west of Denver, Colorado.

Spring Snow, foothills west of Denver, Colorado.


"X Shot" information.
Camera - EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 100
Shutter - 1/125 sec.
F/stop - 11
Lens - 16/35 zoom

LOCATION.
1. Photos where taking in Evergreen, Kittridge, and Morison, along hwy 74.

CHALLENGE.
Last week a big snow storm was predicated for the foothills, west of Denver. That would be my next blog. The big storm turned out to be only about 4 inches of snow and now I had to look hard for good photos.

SOLUTION.
The first thing I noticed was the snow was wet and it pilled up nicely on the trees and their branches. This is what I would look for as I made my way east. Pulling into Lair of the Bear open space, you could see the snow covered trees. Hiking around I found a tree with a lot of branches in the horizontal position. I had the blue sky to work with but wanted more color, if possible. In one direction, leafless bushes, but still with color, could be lined up in the background. Using a very wide angle lens and a large depth-of-field ( everything in focus), this image was created. Another big storm is predicted, next three days. Will see, could be next weeks blog.


MORE PHOTOS FROM MY FOOTHILLS SHOOT BELOW. 



















ALL PHOTOS ARE FOR SALE, CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.

Ken Papaleo
Colorado Photographer
303-674-0615


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive