Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Belmar's Holiday Lights, Lakewood, Colorado.

Belmar's Holiday Lights, Lakewood, Colorado.



Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 400
Shutter - 1/10 sec.
F/stop - 16
Lens - 70/200 zoom
Note - tripod and cable release used for this shot.

Challenge.
I got a job to photograph Belmars's Holiday Lights.


Solution.
The firsts thing I did was check out the area before the shoot date. Two streets and the area around a ice skating rink had the best decorations. It was a nice day when I went back for the shoot. Knowing that real nice pictures are available right after sunset, I got there an hour early, took a few pictures and then set up my gear. Right after sunset the sky turned a light purple, just before the decorations came on. To get everything in focus, I used a f/stop of 16. This shoot went real well.


                                           The City of Lakewood Holds All Photo rights.






























Ken Papaleo
Colorado Photographer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive