Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Patterns in the Snow, Denver foothills, Colorado.

Patterns in the Snow, Denver foothills, Colorado.



"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 400
Shutter - 1/250 sec.
F/stop - 16
Lens - 70/200 zoom


Challenge.
We hadn't had any snow for awhile so when it snowed, only a couple of inches, I was ready to go. With a small amount to work with, the opportunities would be limited. I had to find a way to come up with nice images.


Solution.
From past experience, I knew that a clean layer of snow would make some pattern shots, all I had to do was find them. My search took me from my house in Evergreen, down a long Bear Creek, ending up at Red Rocks Park. The Red Rocks location turned out to be fruitful. The only thing I really had to do was to use a depth-of-field that would get everything in focus. Two workers were clearing the snow off the seating are of the amphitheater but I ended liking the image with out them. 





























Ken Papaleo
Colorado Photographer
303-674-0615



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive