Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Colorado, Blood Red Sun, Mount Evans, caused by all the smoke from the fires, in the Northwest part of the country.

Colorado, Blood Red Sun, Mount Evans, caused by all the smoke from the fires, in the Northwest part of the country.




"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 400
Shutter - 1/500
F/stop - 5.6
Lens - 70/200 zoom



Last Thursday I went to Mount Evans for a photo shoot, maybe some goats, sheep and some wildflowers. Getting there before sunrise, I sat in my car, waiting for first light. Not knowing the front range had filled in with smoke from the Northwest, I was surprised when the sun made it's appearance. Coming out of the smoke, it was a deep red and then changed a number of times. The photos below show those changes. The photo above was on Cannel 4, part of a smoke story.












Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive