Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Colorado - New hand painted black and white photos, using only home-made q-tips.

Colorado - New hand painted black and white photos, using only home-made q-tips.

"Clock Tower"

"Columbine"

"Mountain View"

"Colorado Wind"

"Teepee"

"Colorado Grasslands"

"New Snow"

" Iron Horse"


 After shooting a nice image I get a black and white print made. Using q-tips, that are made from tooth picks and cotton, I paint certain parts of the photo. Sometimes just a small part of the image and other times the whole thing. I became a colorist while working for the Rocky Mount News, it gave me a break from news photography. My work is sold at the Evergreen Gallery, with a limited edition of 100 on each piece.  All paintings can be seen by clicking on "Ken Papaleo" located at the top right of this post. 



Ken Papaleo
Colorado Colorist
303-674-0615



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive