Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Evergreen Lake, Evergreen, Colorado.

Evergreen Lake, Evergreen, Colorado.






"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 800
Shutter - 1/250 sec
F/stop - 22
Lens - 16/35 mm zoom.



LOCATION 
1. Evergreen is about one hour from Denver.
2. The lake can be found off hwy 74 where the four lane road becomes two lanes.
3. Parking can be found at the lake house.
4. Fishing, walking, bird watching, and boating are among the things you can do at the lake.


THE CHALLENGE. 
I have lived in Evergreen for 25 years and the lake has been photographed many times. So each time I go, I try to capture something new.


THE SOLUTION.
To do this, I went five times, mornings and evenings only. Each visit, I walked around the lake, in search for that one image. I used a number of lenses to change things up a bit. On one of my morning shoots, there was no wind and clouds were in the sky. I immediately though, reflection in the lake, and soon came across this situation. The reflection of the sky covered the whole lake, right to the opposite shore.  To make it work I needed a high shooting location, which is easy at this lake.  F/stop 22 was used to get everything in focus, with a wide angle lens. So the solution here was being able to go many times and at different times of the day. 



OTHER PHOTOS FROM EVERGREEN LAKE.













































ALL PHOTOS ARE FOR SALE, CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.


Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615



About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive