Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Walden, Colorado, June, 25, 2012.

Walden, Colorado, June, 25, 2012.






"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon-1Ds Mark III
ISO - 400
Shutter - 1/500 sec.
F/stop - 8
Lens - 16/35 mm zoom



LOCATION.
1. Walden Colorado is about 3 hours from Denver.
2. A good place to stay is North Park Inn and Suites. They have air conditioned rooms.
3. Walden has always been one of my favorite locations for sunset/sunrise photos. 


THE CHALLENGE. 
To get a really great sunrise or sunset shot. Walden is the perfect place for this, the area is pretty flat with some small rolling hills. You have a 360 degree view.


THE SOLUTION.
The first thing I do before going on any scenic photo shoot is to check the percentage of cloud cover. I find a group of days with at least a 50% cover in mornings and evenings. Once there I located a dirt road, out of the way, that has some elevation for the area. I found this spot inside the Arapaho National Wildlife Reserve. Sunset was at 8:30 pm and I was there about 7pm. Most of the best sunsets are shot after the sun has dropped behind the horizon so I stay until it is almost dark. Make sure you use an  assortment of lenses. I was using a telephoto lens just before switching to a wide angle, to get this image.


OTHER PHOTOS FROM THE WALDEN AREA.


































Note - Check out my Walden Wild Life shoot posted a week ago.


ALL PHOTOS ARE FOR SALE, CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.


Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615



About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive