Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Above the clouds, at 14,000 feet, on Mount Evans, Idaho Springs, Colorado.

Above the clouds, at 14,000 feet, on Mount Evans, Idaho Springs, Colorado.


"X Shot"information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 800
Shutter - 1/200 sec.
F/stop - 16
Lens - 70/200 zoom

LOCATION.
1. It is about a hour drive from Denver to the entrance of Mount Evans.
2. Mornings and evening light make the best photos.
3. Mount Evans Road is the highest paved road in North America.

CHALLENGE.
The day I had open to shoot this weeks blog turned out to be overcast, rainy, and foggy. My idea was to shoot some spring flowers in Denver but now I had to scramble for a new subject.

SOLUTION. 
After coming up with a couple of ideas, I decided to go with something on Mount Evans. Maybe a sheep in the fog or rain. It was 2 pm and Evans is only about half from my house, so I headed out in the rain. When I got to the entrance, the clouds were becoming thinner and soon after I was in the sun. My focus changed immediately. I spent the rest of the day recording images above the clouds.


MORE PHOTOS BELOW FROM THIS SHOOT.
All cloud photos where shot looking down, even though some don't appear that way. 


































Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive