Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Fall Colors, Kenosha Pass, Grant, Colorado.

Fall Colors, Kenosha Pass, Grant, Colorado.



"X Shot" information. 
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 320
Shutter - 1/60 sec
F/stop - 5.6
Lens - 70/200 zoom
Note - Tripod was used for this shot.

Challenge.
I was heading south on Hwy 285, my goal was to photograph aspens on Boreas Pass but as I approached Kenosha Pass, a traffic sign warned of 20 minute delays, do to construction.  My plan now was changed to aspens at the top of Kenosha. Arriving at my new location, it was packed, couldn't even park my car and this was a Wednesday. I refuse to shoot in such crowded situations, so now what?

Solution.
I knew most of the visitors would leave by late afternoon, but what was I going to do for the next three hours.  I always have a map book of Colorado in my car. Checking out the areas near Kenosha Pass, I spotted two forest service roads, 58 and 60. Never being on them before, I headed in that direction. Both turned out to be nice surprises. The three hours went fast and I was back at the near empty parking lot at Kenosha, for nice evening light. This is where the "X Shot" was photographed.  The thing here was having a map in my car, being able to find a new location to shoot. You have to be ready and able to change plans, if needed.































Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive