Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Images from Ridgway and Telluride Colorado.

Images from Ridgway and Telluride Colorado.







"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 200
Shutter Speed - 1/250 sec.
F/stop - 8
Lens - 300 mm
































"X Shot" location and information.
1. Drive time from Denver to Ridgway about 6 hours.
2. Having Ridgway as home base gives you short drives to Ouray, Telluride, Dallas Divide and also
    the beautiful area to the east of Ridgway.
3. When shooting clouds, sunrise or sunset, take your readings from the highlight in your picture.  This 
    will give you nice rich colors in the clouds.
4. Before I go to any area to shoot scenics, I do a weather forecast search. I like using 
    www.wunderground.com, they give cloud cover percentage for morning, noon, and evening. 
    If the percentage is not at least 50%, I don't go.



All photos are for sale, contact email address below.

Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615



   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive