Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Cherry Creek State Park, Aurora, Colorado.

Cherry Creek State Park, Aurora, Colorado.


"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D MarkII
ISO - 160
Shutter - 1/200 sec.
F/stop - 22
Lens - 24/70 zoom


LOCATION.
1. Cherry Creek State Park is located at 4201 South Parker Road, Aurora.
2. About a 20 minute drive from Denver.
3. Park hours are 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM Daily.
4. Popular year round.

CHALLENGE.
A couple of weeks ago I posted a blog on Chatfield State Park. I had a beautiful shoot and a great time. I realized that I hadn't done much with Colorado's State Park system, on my blog.  That is going to change, starting this week. I have a list of  6 parks in this area that I want to photograph, Cherry Creek Sate Park was next in line.

SOLUTION.
The reservoir has around 880 surface acres, that makes a lot of shore line with photo opportunities. You can almost drive around the whole thing, except for the damn area. I took advantage of the late afternoon and evening light to give the photos a nice rich look. What worked best for me was to keep moving around, not staying to long at a situation. I took mental notes on locations that I wanted to go back to after the sun lowered in the sky. The clear blue sky was great, making some images really stand out.

MORE PHOTOS FROM THIS SHOOT.



















































ALL PHOTOS FOR SALE, CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.


Ken Papaleo
Colorado Photographer
303-674-0615



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive