Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Collection of images, Denver Stock Show, Colorado.

Collection of images, Denver Stock Show, Colorado.



"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS-1D Mark II
ISO - 800
Shutter 1/500 sec.
F/stop - 5.6
Lens - 70/200 zoom

CHALLENGE.
After you carry a 15 pound camera bag on your left shoulder for over 35 years you end up with some back problems. Last week my back was real sore and I wasn't able to shoot my blog. "X Marks the Shot" has been posted every week for over four years, so I had to think of something. 

SOLUTION.
I planned on shooting the Stock Show, so I decided to publish some old images that I had of it, on file. If you are a serious photographer and have a lot of gear, try not to use a bag. Nobody thought anything of it when I worked for the Rocky Mountain News! Now, many of my fellow photographers have some sort of back trouble. These days, there are other ways to carry your equipment. I switched to a fishing vest, it has a lot of pockets, large and small. The weight is pretty much evenly spread out, giving your back a break! Try to put your gear in the same pocket every time, just like you would in your camera bag, then it will be easy to find what you want, quickly if needed.




























Ken Papaleo
Colorado Photographer
303-674-0615

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive