Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Denver, Colorado, Last Shot at Fall Colors.

Denver, Colorado, Last Shot at Fall Colors.



"X Shot" information.
Camera - EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 200
Shutter - 1/8000 sec.
F/stop - 2.8
Lens - 70/200 zoom

Challenge.
The fall colors, in Denver, where almost at their end. I wanted to go back down there and try to get a shot that would show, the end of fall.

Solution.
I went to Washington and Cheeseman Parks, these two were not part of last weeks blog, so it was all new to me. Both locations were real nice! A lot of trees were bare, but one or two still had nice color, leaves were all over the ground, and the light was nice. I decided to look for my "X Shot" from something on the ground, but always shooting anything else that caught my eye. It was a little windy and I noticed some leaves stuck on a fence. They were backlit and looked real nice. This turned out to be the image I was looking for. The two things that made this shot work were, shooting it at f/stop 2.8, minimum depth of field and the backlit light. Focusing on the fence, the background is lost, making my subject stand out nicely. 



































Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive