Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Views From Loveland Pass, Continental Divide, Colorado.

Views From Loveland Pass, Continental Divide, Colorado.


"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 2000
F/stop - 16
Shutter - 25 sec
Lens - 70/200 zoom
Note - tripod and a cable release were used for this shot.

Challenge.
I went to Loveland Pass around 4 pm, just in time to catch some sunset photos. The moon, almost full, would be coming up soon, making the snow covered mountains glow. My goal was to do some scenic,
moonlit, photos. 


Solution.
Using a tripod and a cable release, I set myself up, above Loveland Basin ski area. As it got dark, the lights from  I-70's approach to the Eisenhower Tunnel started to glow. I figured out my light exposure and started to take shots. As a semi-truck approached, right in front of me, I pushed my cable release, starting my shot. The truck came and went, during those 25 seconds. Its lights streaked through my image. 

Once I found the right exposure for the moonlit shot, the rest of the shots were the same, making it easy to capture more images.


  






















Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive