Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Mount Evans, Idaho Springs, Colorado.

Mount Evans, Idaho Springs, Colorado.






"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 100
Shutter - 1/250 sec.
F/stop - 16
Lens - 70/200 zoom

LOCATION.
1. Mount Evans, the highest paved road in the United States, over 14,000 feet.
2. Located on HWY 103, south of Idaho Springs, Colorado.
3. Drive time from Denver is about one hour.

THE CHALLENGE.
It was going to be the second day of tornado watches and warnings for Denver and the front range. I decided to drive to the top of Mount Evans to photograph the big storms. This location would give me a unique view.

THE SOLUTION. 
While waiting for the storms to develop, I photographed some features and critters. The clouds started boiling about 5 pm and looked pretty impressive. Being at 14,000 feet, I was eye level with these nasty storms as they developed.  As the evening progressed, the colors of the clouds became breathtaking and they became things of beauty. Staying on the mountain until after dark let me photograph the clouds as they went through their changes. 


OTHER PHOTOS FROM MOUNT EVANS.








































ALL PHOTOS ARE FOR SALE, CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.


Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer.
303-674-0615






About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive