Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Summer Scenics from Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado.

Summer Scenics from Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado.







"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 400
Shutter - 1/100 sec.
F/stop - 14
Lens - 70/200 zoom



LOCATION.
1. Rocky Mountain National Park is about a three hour drive from Denver.
2. All these images were shot from Trail Ridge Road. 
3. Go above tree line when looking for a place for good sunrise or sunset photos.


THE CHALLENGE. 
I have been very blessed when shooting sunrises and sunsets at this park. It seems I never come away disappointed! On this trip I just wanted to see if my best shot would come at sunrise or sunset.


THE SOLUTION. 
The sunrise was spectacular, with vivid bright colors. Starting my shoot at the top of Trail Ridge Road, gave me a clean look at the sky while silhouetting the mountains. I was able to get a number of nice shots from the same location, just by changing lenses. The clouds were pretty thick at sunset and the photos were not very good. I waited until after the sun went down and was about ready to pack it in, when a full moon broke through the clouds for a few moments.  It maid a very pleasing image but I went with a sunrise shot for my "X Shot"



OTHER SHOTS FROM THIS SHOOT.



























ALL PHOTOS ARE FOR SALE, CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.


Ken Papaleo
Colorado Landscape Photographer
303-674-0615



About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive