Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: My Grandson's Dedication, Golden, Colorado.

My Grandson's Dedication, Golden, Colorado.



"X Shot" information.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ISO - 2000
Shutter - 1/250 sec.
F/stop - 3.5
Lens - 70/200 zoom


Challenge.
My grandson was getting dedicated at Red Rocks Church, in Golden, Colorado.  The ceremony was being held in a glass building at 5 pm. At the beginning it would be brighter outside, causing a back lit situation. How was I going to handle this?


Solution.
First, using automatic light exposure would not work here. I took a manual reading right off a face, before the event started. Staying with that exposure, I was able to get my photos. With all that glass, 
I didn't want to use a strobe.  As it got darker, pushing up the ISO, permitted me to keep shooting. By the end of the night, the ISO was up to 6400.

























Ken Papaleo
Colorado Photographer
303-674-0615



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive