Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: Continental Divide from Genesse, Colorado

Continental Divide from Genesse, Colorado





                                                      “X Shot” Information
                                             Camera - Canon- EOS Mark III
                                             ISO - 400
                                             Lens - Canon- 70 - 200 zoom
                                             F/stop - 18
                                             Shutter - 1/125 sec.


As I was entering I-70 Friday, from Evergreen, to drive to Genoa Colorado, my wife Pam called and told me to check out the clouds over the Continental Divide. Pulling off at the Genesse exit, I parked my car and walked out on the bridge that spans I-70. I brought one camera body with a 70 -200 zoom, and used it to take a tight light reading off the highlights. Leaving my settings the same, I composed my picture and shoot away.



                “X Shot” Location Information
1. Drive time from Denver 30 minutes
2. Get off I-70 at the Genesse Park Exit - #254
3. There are acouple of RTD lots to park there.                     
4. Walk out onto the bridge for shot of the Continental
    Divide, can’t guarantee the clouds!


Ken Papaleo
Colorado Photographer

All Photographs for sale, contact e-mail address below.
kenpapaleo@highcountrycoloring.com 

                   


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive