Ken Papaleo: X Marks the Shot: City and Washington Parks - Denver, Colorado.

City and Washington Parks - Denver, Colorado.



                                                 "X-Shot" Information
                                    Camera - Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
                                    ISO - 400
                                    Shutter - 1/320 sec,
                                    F/stop - 9
                                    Lens - 500
























My plan was to go down to Denver and shoot the tree blossoms in the late evening light. Clouds moved in when I got there so the plans were changed. 
Shooting feature shots in Washington Park and City Park became my new goal, lots of people were still out. My "X-Shot" came late in the afternoon at City Park while trying to photograph some birds, my 500 was already in action. Turning around to see what might be going on behind me, I saw a small boy, maybe 50 yards away, stopping his bike at a large canon, in the park. Immediately he became my subject and I started to take pictures. To my delight, he reached up to the mouth of the large gun, pulled himself up and looked inside. In all my years shooting features for the News, I had never seen this before. It's always a good idea not to get tunnel vision when you're shooting. Take time to look around, even behind you, so you don't miss something great. This turned out to be an excellent day for shooting features, ending up with many good shots that were fun to take.



"X-Shot" information
1. City Park, is between Colorado Blvd. and York St and E 17th Ave and 
    E. 23rd Ave.
2. I was able to drive through the whole park, looking for picture but once 
    summer hits, a lot of the roads inside the park get closed, which makes 
    spotting pictures harder.


Ken Papaleo
Colorado Photographer


All photographs for sale, contact e-mail address below.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
I worked for the Rocky Mountain News for 28 years, until they went out of business. I now do freelance work, post this weekly blog, ski and play with my four grand children. I still have the love to get out and take photographs, which brings me great peace and comfort.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive